The Australian Society of Post Anaesthesia and Anaesthesia Nurses (ASPAAN) was convened to promote the professional development of post anaesthesia and anaesthesia nurses through regular meetings, study days, educational forums, and publication of newsletters.
Membership is open to Registered Nurses and Enrolled Nurses working in the specialties of Anaesthesia and Post Anaesthesia care, Associate membership is open to others (e.g. Representatives from trade companies and other Health Professionals) with a genuine interest in the field.
How can you help us enhance perianaesthesia nursing?
- Become a member
- Take advantage of the education grants available to further your knowledge
- Share your knowledge and ideas with the other members by being published in our newsletter
- Attend our State or National seminars
- Present at our seminars or conferences
- Promote Perianaesthesia Nursing as a fulfilling career
The Australian Society of Post Anaesthesia and Anaesthesia Nurses (ASPAAN) was convened to promote the professional development of post anaesthesia and anaesthesia nurses through regular meetings, study days, educational forums, and publication of newsletters. Founded in 1994 as the Victorian Society of Post Anaesthetic and Anaesthetic Nurses group (VSPAAN), the intentions of the creator was to provide education for perianaesthesia nurses, as other special interest groups were not addressing their particular needs. In response to growing national membership, VSPAAN changed its name to ASPAAN in 2005. At present, ASPAAN has more than 660 members Australia wide, and continues to grow.
The Australian Society of Post Anaesthesia and Anaesthesia Nurses is the industry leader for the professional development of perianaesthesia nurses across Australia through regular study days, educational forums, publication of newsletters, and provision of education and research grants to its members. ASPAAN will partner with international perianaesthesia nursing organisations to ensure its members have access to both national and international best practice trends.
To be the overall low cost provider for perianaesthesia education, ASPAAN is challenged to:
- Where possible, produce education forums at no cost to the organization and, therefore to members.
- Capture as many members as possible to drive down costs and increase value for money for members.
- Set the tone and frequency of education forums.